[This is Part#6 of the Energy Management Series. You may access Part#1 here, Part#2 here, Part#3 here, Part#4 here and Part#5 here]
ISO 50001 is all about data collection and process management, maintaining key control over the operational activities across organization functions. Hence, before we dive into ISO 50001, I think understanding the importance of data would help us in digesting the concept of ISO 50001.
Here is a video by ECOVA, a company that makes businesses and utilities more successful through energy and sustainability management. Ecova blends data and technology, with people and insight, to drive powerful results for our clients. Using insights based on consumption, cost, and carbon footprint data spanning thousands of utilities, hundreds of thousands of business sites and millions of households, they provide fully managed, technology-optimized solutions for saving resources and reducing consumption which in turn increase returns, lower risks and enhance reputations.
In this 32 min video, ECOVA explains very clearly about
- what kind of a critical role data plays in Energy Management
- Gives overview of the electricity bill and its analysis
- what is electricity load profile (interval demand)
- Energy usage against the cost heads
- what is demand management
- how energy management helps in Carbon and Sustainability Management
- the sneak peek into the world of Energy Supply Management
- importance of managing energy financials
Subsequent to this, talking about ISO 50001 would make more sense and will be more direct. One will be able to grasp the aspects faster.